Monday, July 23, 2007

My frog friends

These little tree frogs hang out in the pool at night. It's really neat to see one go swimming past one of the lights doing the froggy stroke. This guy is on the pool float, they usually hang onto the liner at a spot where it sags, I figure they get a lot of bugs out there. The calls they make can get really loud sometimes too.
I don't use chlorine, instead I have a product named Pristine Blue which uses copper sulfate as a anti-bacterial. I think it's safe for the little guys.

3 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this photo!!! He looks like he is living the life!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Nuge said...

This is cool. I like the color contrast, too.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger David said...

I didn't get in the pool last night, but I sat on the deck next to it and listened to these guys for a while. They are REAL loud! One was on the side of the pool at the waters edge right next to the deck and I picked him up for a bit, I love these little guys. It's real neat when they swim past a light at night because for a second it looks like a little scuba guy or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home