Friday, April 08, 2005

R.I.P.


My Nikon Coolpix point and shoot camera died this week. This camera really meant a lot to me, I hate to see it go. I bought it 3 years ago and carried everywhere. I originally bought it to take in my jersey pocket on bike rides, so I spent just enough money to get something that I could capture decent images with, but not so much that I would be upset the day it smashed into the pavement. Once I started using it I decided I was on a mission to wear it out. I let friends walk around with it at bars and parties, I took photos while going 30 mph on the bike, holding the camera out at arms length, and it was there for all kinds of events and activities. I spend all my time using photos to document other people’s lives; this was the tool to document mine. Most of the photos on this blog were taken with it. It had this great setting called “Indoor Party Mode” where it used a long shutter and fired a series of test flash, then a final flash at the end of the exposure. I used that for my “toast” shots, and great fun times like this. Just going to work without her in my pocket I feel awkward. A replacement is on its way, I will have to do something about that this afternoon. The new camera will be just as inexpensive, I wouldn’t want a pricey thing for my pocket-camera and being new will probably have better quality also, but the Coolpix will be missed.
It should be noted that the camera pictured is not actually mine, it is from the Nikon web site. Mine is much more used looking than that!

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Nuge said...

It is a sad day when your tool breaks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home